OSX SDK up and running

This is the English forum for all topics related to IO-Warrior. Please post in English only

Moderator: Guido Körber

kellis

OSX SDK up and running

Post by kellis »

Since the old info about this was lost, how about resposting the basics, ;)

I was relying on the forum to get my IO-Warrior up and running, but alas, the script kiddies made it slightly more difficult,...before I could make a copy,...

So to repeat the question, how do I build the library, and how do I build and install the Java support on osx 10.4, my aim is to use the IO-Warrior from Eclipse 3.2 and newer, any ideas, guidelines or pointers to the actual manuals will be appreciated.

Help,... if only there was a man page,...
kellis

Re: OSX SDK up and running

Post by kellis »

My own follow up and current status, maybe usefull to someone else:

I used the Apple reference documents:
http://developer.apple.com/java/jniuniversal.html
to recreate a jnilib called libiowkit.jnilib. It seamed the logical way, but I now may have bumped into one of the OSX universal binary problems, yup, it could be that the endianess of the i386 as opposed to ppc can badly trip one up.

my first try running the samples.jar result into:
...Cannot find dynamic library 'iowkit'!

Since I have the current directory in my classpath, I then copied libiowkit.jnilib into current working folder resulted into an indication that the jnilib can now be found but it still complain about:
The IowKit plattform-library was not found!
Error reported from the Java runtime:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: version

Any ideas ?
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

Are you trying to run the Java stuff from the IO-Warrior SDK? That is only compatible with the Windows and Linux API.
kellis

Post by kellis »

Yes, I am, and if you say it is only compatible with Linux and Windows, I am asking why not also OSX 10.4 universal ?

I do not see any specific reasons why I can not build a jni wrapper with the sources you have provided, or do you know otherwise ?
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

The API for the IO-Warrior library is different on MacOS X. So you can of course write a wrapper, but you can not use the one for Win/Linux.
towaibw

partially done

Post by towaibw »

I built this libiowkit.jnilib (the wrapper to Win/Linux interfaces is included!) as G4 binary. But there is a serious lack of functionality (see here, last post. unfortunately in German but Guido could help?): There is no read from special mode functions. Therefore only pin-I/O and the LCD special mode function should work.

Thomas
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

We could hook you up with our Mac guy to work this out. But we plan to bring the 2.0 API to the Mac as well, this will eventually solve the problem, of course it will be a while before this is done.