Unable to compile SDK IOsimple MS Visual C++

This is the English forum for all topics related to IO-Warrior. Please post in English only

Moderator: Guido Körber

Thewhistler

Unable to compile SDK IOsimple MS Visual C++

Post by Thewhistler »

Hi guys !

I have downloaded the SDK and imported the simpleIO
C++ \VS20905 sample code. I use MS Visual Version 6 enterprise ed.
running it on WinXP SP2 english.

After removing alotta errors i got down to 4 errors and we cant seem to figure them out.

these are the error messages:
--------------------Configuration: Simple IO - Win32 Debug-------------------- Linking...
nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __endthreadex
nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __beginthreadex
libcd.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main Debug/Simple IO.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe.

Simple IO.exe - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Any help would be nice in this subject.

Best Regards
Tor-Erik
KDA
Robert Marquardt

Post by Robert Marquardt »

I develop with Visual Studio 2005. What you see is obviously the usual lack of backward compatibility of Visual Studio.
I think you should try to create a new project in VS6 with the same name and then replace the source files by the ones from the sample project.
Thewhistler

Post by Thewhistler »

You are probably right.
I have created a new project with the same name
and replaced the source files.

the error was gone but i got alotta new ones :)

I see in the readme file that it was supposed to be an VS6 folder
with example code in the sdk rel. but there ar none infact.

If there is anyone who actually has converted the simpleIO sample code
to a VS& project i would be happy :)

Or else i just have to get a 2005 version up and running. :(
Robert Marquardt

Post by Robert Marquardt »

I have not written many of the samples with VS6. It is very arkward to do so while VS2005 is installed.
Which errors do you get? Did you add iowkit.lib to the project?

I see no real problem to reimplement the example in VS6 though. Instead of copying the whole source you can only copy the event handlers and the initialization code. All the rest is standard.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but i am a Delphi programmer at heart and i look down on the poor MFC programmers from an IDE which stayed compatible for 6 major versions now (and much richer in standard controls and and and... :). At least we can both look down on the poor VB6 programmers.

The above does not mean i will not try to find a way to create as many VS6 projects for the samples as possible. Next week when i am back at work.