USB Hub issues

This is the English forum for all topics related to IO-Warrior. Please post in English only

Moderator: Guido Körber

phoenix

USB Hub issues

Post by phoenix »

Our IOWarrior based USB IO device has recently been reported to not function on some USB hubs. I was wondering if anyone knows if this is a known issue and if there are any fixes for this, or if there is a way of telling good hubs from bad.

BTW the hubs in question were Powered hubs with a separate power supply
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

This should not happen, so far we had no such reports.

Do you have any additional details, like what kind of hub and what kind of host is involved? Also which IO-Warrior? IOW24 and IOW40 use slightly different USB stacks and IOW56 uses a totally different version, which is due to hardware differences between the chips.
phoenix

Post by phoenix »

The processor is an IOW24, and apparently one of the hubs involved was a Belkin.... sorry I don't have much more information to go on, the fault was reported by two customer in the USA and I'm only just gathering information myself.

I have tested the IO board myself on three separate powered and un-powered USB Hubs myself and found no fault, which leaves me surprised that the customers are havng faults.