IO-Warrior as a Game Device?

This is the English forum for all topics related to IO-Warrior. Please post in English only

Moderator: Guido Körber

brettneale

IO-Warrior as a Game Device?

Post by brettneale »

Hi, I'm looking into using an IO-Warrior for a game device I'm building. Basically it takes data from a game in real time, outputs it to the IO-Warrior and displays it with LEDs and whatnot connected with the LED Matrix. Several buttons and switches will be attached also.

What I want this to do is emulate some sort of joystick or keyboard so that the buttons can be used as controls for the game. Is there any way to forward these input signals into a virtual HID joystick or something similar?

If not, I always have the option of having the input and output separate (say, with a JoyWarrior and an IO-Warrior), but ideally an all-in-one solution would be best!

Thanks for your help!
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Re: IO-Warrior as a Game Device?

Post by Guido Körber »

Have a look at the "SpinControl" sample in the downloads section. It demonstrates how to do this with the SpinWarrior, the same principle can be used for the IO-Warrior.
brettneale

Post by brettneale »

Guido, thanks for the tip! I suspect it is just a case of swapping the SpinWarrior stuff with IO-Warrior stuff? I'll have a better look through the code this week to see how it works. Thanks!
ansett727rma

Post by ansett727rma »

I am new to CodeMercs, and am interested to know how you have progressed with this, as I would like to develop a similiar device but have no previous experience. My prime purpose would be to interface with Microsoft Flight Simulator X.