KeyWarrior CO 48 pin and IOWarrior 40 32IO. Will this work?

This is the English forum for all topics related to IO-Warrior. Please post in English only

Moderator: Guido Körber

AsSlowAsHell

KeyWarrior CO 48 pin and IOWarrior 40 32IO. Will this work?

Post by AsSlowAsHell »

I am trying to write a software based key injector, but alas the key press simulation does not work with DirectX games the other such games. Many of them have protection from being able to do this, so I have decided to take a hardware method. So here is my question:

Is it possible to make a device using KeyWarrior and IOWarrior that uses two USB ports: one for IOWarrior for listening for commands/keypresses to send to the keyboard controller KeyWarrior which in turn is plugged up to another USB port acting like a regular keyboard.

Also, will there be enough pins on the IOWarrior for both keyboard and mouse control on the KeyWarrior CO 48 pin? 24 pins for the keymatrix only leave 8 pins for mouse control. Three buttons and two for scroll wheel (is there a scroll wheel on that KeyWarrior?) leave three more IO lines. I get the feeling thats not enough for X-Y mouse movement. I guess I can always sacrifice rows of the key matrix.
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

You can not connect the IO-Warrior pins to the KeyWarrior direct and achieve anything. KeyWarrior is scanning the key matrix (just like any keyboard controlelr) and you would have to simulate a key matrix to generate keystrokes this way.

That means you would have to use an analog switch matrix that has electronic switches for all matrix positions.