Switch Matrix

This is the English forum for all topics related to IO-Warrior. Please post in English only

Moderator: Guido Körber

Jon

Switch Matrix

Post by Jon »

Does anyone have some working code (preferably VB6 source) to control the Switch Matrix? I want to try it out to check that the warrior is working as it should as I am having some problems with it in other areas.

Jon
Robert Marquardt

Post by Robert Marquardt »

The problem with VB6 is that you need a timer or thread to read the matrix.
Unfortunately the 1.x API does not implement reading by thread so you are on your own.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Thanks for the reply. Thats sad about VB6 as I am using that with quite good success elsewhere.
What about a delphi or C example then?

Jon
Robert Marquardt

Post by Robert Marquardt »

The 1.x API is unable to handle it in any programming language.
For Delphi you have the alternative to use my HID component which uses a thread internally to read the device.
I think i have an example for the switch matrix. Unfortunately i do not have the example available here. Maybe i can pick it up next week, but that depends on how i feel after the next cancer treatment due on Friday.
Last edited by Robert Marquardt on Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Yes, I would like that if you could arrange it for me.

Hope you feel better soon! I know how that treatment can knock you around, several family members have had it too.

Cheers
Jon

Post by Jon »

Thats nice........

Sad that these posts even exist, bad enough we get them in emails!

One good thing to come of this tho, it reminded me that Robert was going to see if he had an example of the switch matrix reading code.

Did you find it Robert?

Jon
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

Please do not react to any spam, we are cleaning the forum several times a day and block domains and names, but they keep coming back from different domains and with different names.

Robert is still down sick, it may be a while before he can supply the sample.