Component source

This is the English forum for all topics related to IO-Warrior. Please post in English only

Moderator: Guido Körber

Jon

Component source

Post by Jon »

Can any one advise of an alternate component source for the MIC5895 (AKA UCN5895A)? I have been trying to get one from Segor, but each time they send it, the shipment does not arrive. This is the final piece I need.
Please note, this is nothing against them, they are sending them, I believe the postal sevice is loosing them.
After the first consignment went missing, I reordered most of it from Thailand, but could not source the 5895. This shipment has arrived. In that time, I have also ordered and recieved goods from UK and USA, which have also arrived.
To Segors credit they have tried to resupply the UCN5895A (free of charge which was most appreciated) but this item has not arrived either.
So, if anyone knows where I could get one, I would be most greateful.

Jon
Jon

Post by Jon »

Anyone..........
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

I would recommend the usual suspects like Digikey and Farnell.
wayoda

Post by wayoda »

Did you checked the Allegro Distributors Down Under ?

http://www.allegromicro.com/salesloc/sa ... #australia

Eberhard
Jon

Post by Jon »

All is well. The replacement from Segor arrived and is now placed in the board.
I should have gone this way in the first place (not trying the 74HC595 and Transistors) as this chip handles the current quite nicely and all power (even for the matrix LED's) is being suplied via the USB cable.

Hopefully the original shipment will turn up one day and I shall make another one!
Jon

Post by Jon »

Well, after 3 months the shipment finally did arrive.

I guess I'll have to make another matrix now that I have more components........ :D :D :D