LCD HD44780 mode and buttons too

This is the English forum for all topics related to IO-Warrior. Please post in English only

Moderator: Guido Körber

watts

LCD HD44780 mode and buttons too

Post by watts »

My iTunes project works pretty well now, and I am thinking about improving it. The code is a mess, I figure I will need to clean it up if I am going to keep talking about it, but I am also thinking about some added functionality: I'd like to add a few buttons to make the unit into a (more) full-featured iTunes remote.

IOWarrior40 has plenty of extra pins to do this: ports 2 and 3 are wide open, giving me 16 switch options, and with a switch matrix I could have hundreds! Will the IOWarrior 40 support HD44780 mode and switch matrix modes at the same time? Or at least allow me to use the upper ports while in LCD mode?

I want to add play/pause, skip, mute and volume controls, so the switch matrix is overkill.

By the way, the code is all applescript. I couldn't get the c-code to compile properly (I am a total newbie at C) but the applescript works fine. If anyone wants it let me know and I'l post something after this weekend's efforts.
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

You can use LCD and key matrix in parallel. And you can use any of the pins that are not part of an active Special Mode Function.