io warrior with pocket pc

This is the English forum for all topics related to IO-Warrior. Please post in English only

Moderator: Guido Körber

manurc

io warrior with pocket pc

Post by manurc »

Hello everyone
I maid a quick search, but I didn't found any info:
Is it possible to use the IO warrior with pocket pc running with windows mobile 5.0 (with proprietary USB) ?

Manu
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

Basically yes, but we don't supply any code for it.
Robert Marquardt

Post by Robert Marquardt »

Does the Pocket PC have an USB Host controller? Many Pocket PC only contain an USB device for hotsync.

From a quick search on Microsoft i got this info:

Available Platform Builder Components (No Support Provided)
Component Name Description
USB Host-Side and Human Interface Devices (HID) Drivers Enables connection of USB-compliant devices to Windows CE-based devices.

This means the HID support has to be added to the WinCE Version by the manufacturer (probably if the Pocket PC contains an USB Host controller).
manurc

Post by manurc »

do you mean i only need to copy the iowkit.dll on pocket pc and try to program to get a workable result ?
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

No, definitely not that easy.

The iowkit.dll is specifically for desktop Windows on x86 processors. PocketPCs usually run on a different system architecture. So at least you will have to recompile the DLL for the target system.

But before you do that you have to make sure that HID support and a USB host controller are in place. As Robert already said many PocketPCs only have a USB device function, which only allows them to be used as devices when connected to a desktop machine.