AD Convertor

This is the English forum for all topics related to IO-Warrior. Please post in English only

Moderator: Guido Körber

haarts

AD Convertor

Post by haarts »

Hi all,
Does anyone have experience with AD convertors? I was looking at the PCF8591 but I can't buy these anywhere in Europe. I want to use my IOW for some measurements and harvest the results over the i2c line. What chip should I use?
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

wayoda

Post by wayoda »

haarts wrote: I was looking at the PCF8591 but I can't buy these anywhere in Europe.
???
Here in Germany its sold everywhere. All major suppliers for components have it in stock!

This chip is so common, I can't believe there is a country in europe where its not available.

Eberhard
haarts

Post by haarts »

Try the Netherlands.... I really should improve my German. Then again I am quite new to this field and might be missing some obvious places to buy.
haarts

Post by haarts »

As a matter of fact, could you give me some places to buy? German is fine(i hope).
wayoda

Post by wayoda »

haarts wrote:As a matter of fact, could you give me some places to buy? German is fine(i hope).
I found the IC at
http://www.conrad.nl
search for the Number (8591) on the starting page.

In german online-shops it is often a bad idea to search for the complete part-number. Looking for PCF8591 will often not find the product, but using the number-part only will turn it up.

Eberhard
haarts

Post by haarts »

Aha, I searched Conrad earlier but strongly dislike it's search functionality as it lack fuzzy search. As soon as you do not know _exactly_ what you are looking for it becomes very hard.
Alright, thanks for the help!