Tech Issue

This is the English forum for all topics related to JoyWarrior. Please post in English only

Moderator: Guido Körber

stickMaker

Tech Issue

Post by stickMaker »

Hey Guido,
Discussing the JoyWarrior A-16 mod.
My throttle unit uses 16 buttons and the z axis connection. It had been working fine till last nite. Now there is a deadspot, it is not the pot I changed it. It goes from approx. 156 - 200. This corrresponds to the 0 rpm - 200 rpm range. Low end of the throttles range. Will these modules fail if only one axis is used? Will these modules fail in an intermitant fashion? The module in question does not have many hours use on it. I also tried connecting to the y axis and got same results.
TY
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

Did you check for any short circuits or loose contacts? This kind of behaviour usually shows when there is one of the taps of the pot not or not properly connected or if there are shorts between any of the pot connections.
stickMaker

Post by stickMaker »

8) Hey G,
I actually replaced the pot, resoldered the connects. Its almost like when you are not using enuf of the pots mechanical range, except that I am in this case. It had been working, it changed in game. Will shorts in the button matrix affect the pot circuitry?
TY
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

No, the buttons will not influence this.
stickMaker

stuff

Post by stickMaker »

So,
I'm using a copy of DXTweak2 to define the middle and end point numbers for the pots, so I have a little control. I set something up and went to game. After a short while the pot changes performance. On both ends of the spectrum, the same number pops up. In between the two points, it increases and decreases normally. Its like the pots totally wore out and has had the good stuff scratched off. Its new. It appears to be a progressing badness. Any other ideas? Is it possible for me to test the chip? I'm going to swap it out with my other a-16 unit to see if its this particular mechanical throttle config or the mod it is useing. Let you know.
TY
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

Let me know what you find. I will take another look at this on Monday.
stickMaker

fixed

Post by stickMaker »

Hey,
Broken wire was problem, I had scavenged and old rj 45 cable oops!