JoyWarrior24MOD-A8-16 calibration

This is the English forum for all topics related to JoyWarrior. Please post in English only

Moderator: Guido Körber

massimiliano

JoyWarrior24MOD-A8-16 calibration

Post by massimiliano »

Hi,
connecting joywarrior24mod-a8-16 to PC and after calibrating it by "game controller" of windowsxp, in dxtweak2 it doesn't assume these values: 0, 128, 255. I use joywarrior for a pedals, so pots (linear rotary pots 100k conductive plastic) don't have a large range. I noticed that MOMO Force pots have a little range too, but they assume the values 0, 128, 255; so how can I do to obtain the same result with my pots and joywarrior?

Thank you very much,
Massimiliano
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

So you mean that your pots do not mechancially travel the full elelctrical range?

In that case you have to get pots with a reduced electric range. There are pots that go over their full resistance range in i.e. 60 degrees mechanical range.
massimiliano

Post by massimiliano »

I think it's so :cry: . Can you suggest me a type of pots that don't have this problem?

Thank you
Massimiliano
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

Agilent makes such pots, but I don't have a part number ready. Have a look at some larger electronics store like farnell or digikey.

BTW: We have disabled smilies since they interfere with posting source code ...
massimiliano

Post by massimiliano »

Firstly thank you for your courtesy, and then, also if you can't say me the part number, I'd like to know if you can describe technical specifications of these pots.

Thanks,
Massimiliano
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

Here is a good site to start from, they also have a glossary for potentiometer terms: www.potentiometers.com

What you are looking for a pots with a smaller electrical travel than their mechanical travel.
massimiliano

Post by massimiliano »

Hi Guido,
I didn't find pots that you suggested to me, so, to improve the mechanical range of the pots I decided to use some gears (two wheels with cogs for each pot); I obtained the intentional result, that is, pots have more mechanical range. Now the problem is that JoyWarriorMOD-A8-16 doesn't recognize the three pots also if buttons work. Then I replaced 3 pots with new others (I use linear pots 100k conductive plastic) but I have the same problem. So, I tried to change the JoyWarrior, thinking that it was broken, and I used JoyWarriorMOD-A8-8, but I have the same problem. I'm sure that pots are perfectly connected, because before they've worked. In conclusion I'd like to say you that: if I connect only 1 pot, it works, also with a delay (3-5 min); if I connect 2 pots, sometimes they work and sometimes not; if I connect 3 pots, they don't work. I tested 12 different pots (6 conductive plastic pots and 6 ceramics pots).
Which is the problem? and how I can solve it?
Please, help me.

Bye,
Massimiliano
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

For testing you may want to close the jumper on the modules that deactivates the autocalibration and autocentering of the JoyWarrior.

Maybe the pots are nowhere near the center when you power up the setup? The JoyWarrior will not calibrate the axis unless you are in the center third of the pot range.
massimiliano

Post by massimiliano »

Thank you very much Guido useful suggestions.

Massimiliano