Joy Warrior JW24RC

This is the English forum for all topics related to JoyWarrior. Please post in English only

Moderator: Guido Körber

P.Rubio

Joy Warrior JW24RC

Post by P.Rubio »

Hello Guido:

I have tested again the JW24RC in a desktop PC under XP and in the Control Panel they appear the channels in the correct order, and work fine , but in Real Flight G2 they work only channels 1 and 2 ;channels 3 and 4 do not work, just as it happens under Windows 98se.
You said that the problem resides in the USB implementation in Windows, but exist USB interfaces that work with this program for example these:

http://www.milehighwings.com/usb_cables.htm http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer/interface.htm

and another more.

It could be the problem in firmware of JW24RC ?
Is possible fix the problem with an aditional software , driver or DLL ?
Whereupon software simulator you have tested the JW24RC ?

Best Regards

P.Rubio
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Re: Joy Warrior JW24RC

Post by Guido Körber »

This is not a problem of the JoyWarrior24RC, it is an implementation error in the simulator. We have seen it quite often that simulator programmers do not put much effort into testing their input routines.

Please talk to the manufacturer of Real Flight and tell them about the problem. We are doing the same every time we find a software product that does not implement proper input routines.

But we are defintiely not going to make changes to our products to fix bugs of somebody else.
P.Rubio

Post by P.Rubio »

Hello guido:

Thanks for your faster answer , but you do not make mention to links and you do not indicate in that simulator it works correctly.
In any case a product so I specify as this orienting to a already existing market, it would have to adapt to the necessities of present software , as other manufacturers , and not reverse as you say.
In any case He would be advisable refer in the data sheet of the incompatibilities with present existing software.

P.Rubio
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

We did not test with Real Flight, but we have tested with a number of other simulators and programs.

There is no problem on the side of JoyWarrior to document. We do follow the USB specs and the controller works just fine with properly done programs. We are not going to make changes to our products just because some simulator programmer does have bugs in his software (aside from the fact that we do have an installed base that relies on the documented function).

I am going to contact the manufacturer of Real Flight and will tell them about the problem. After all it is their problem and it is up to them to fix it.
P.Rubio

Post by P.Rubio »

Thanks Guido:

I will be waiting for the resolution of this affaire.

Best Regards.

P.Rubio
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

The offical answer I got from KnifeEdge is that they do not support 3rd party controllers, they offer their own controllers and those work and the customers should use those.

So the bottom line is that they don't care. The result on our side is that we do declare RealFlight G3 as officially incompatible and we recommend to use software from people who care about their customers.
P.Rubio

Post by P.Rubio »

Thanks Guido:

The answer was foreseeable.
Please, let me know some flight simulator sofware that it has supported to the JW24RC, to be able to orient the interface sale to a concrete market.

Please, the name concrete of simulators or other programs that you have tested.

P.Rubio
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

FMS is a nice Freeware simulator
MS FS works too.

Actually mostly every game or simulator should work fine with our whole line of JoyWarriors, unless the program has been especially made to ignore devices that the developer thinks are not good or anything.
P.Rubio

Post by P.Rubio »

FMS is a very basic simulator with very poor graficos, and MS FS is not a RC flight simulator.
The developers of quality RC flight simulation software usually also commercialize their own interfaces reason why it is logical that try to prevent that the interfaces of the competition work. If in fact they try that the JW24RC comercialize of a correct form they would have to cause that worked with maxim of quality RC flight simulators , skipping the possible protections that have put their developers.
In another case I believe that they would have to retire it of the market and/or to warn that only work with FMS.

Best Regards

P.Rubio