raspberry pi and iowarrior56

This is the English forum for all topics related to IO-Warrior. Please post in English only

Moderator: Guido Körber

michel

raspberry pi and iowarrior56

Post by michel »

Hello to everybody. I'm trying to install what is needed to use iowarior56 with raspberrypi. I've succedeed in installing libiowkit1.5.0 but not in installing iowarrior-2.6 (when i run make, i get the message "the reicepe for target default has failed").
When I conect my iowrior to an usb port from raspberry pi, i run "lsusb" and can see that an iowarrior 28 has been found and not iow56 (of course the device i conect is iowarrior56). is that normal?
Could anybody help me in installing everithing which is needeed tu us iowarrior56 with the raspberry pi?
thanks
Christoph Jung

Re: raspberry pi and iowarrior56

Post by Christoph Jung »

Hi Michel,

you only need to install the libiowkit1.5.0. The IO-Warriors are part of the kernel sins version 2.6. The iowarrior-2.6 is only for distributions with an early kernel 2.6.
If you want to use the IO-Warrior as a normal user, you have to add a udev rule to set the rights. The directory for this is /etc/udev/rules.d

# udev rules for iowarrior device nodes
KERNEL=="iowarrior*", NAME="usb/iowarrior%n", OWNER="pi", MODE="0666"

And yes the IO-Warrior56 will be shown as IO-Warrior28. We don't know why, but I think this is a bug in the driver of the device string.
I use the IOW56 on a raspi and it will work fine.
Abteilung: Softwareentwicklung
Folge uns auf Twitter
Follow us on twitter
michel

Post by michel »

Good afternoon, thanks for your reply. I succedeed in installing the library.
I use codeblocks . unfortunatly, i think there is a mistake in my settings. i've put the right libiowkit.so in the path for linking but i get a message while building ; " error ld retuned 1 exit status"
does anybody has an idea?
In fact i'm trying to make working a program that i've written for windows, to raspberry-pi. for all input/outputs, i use iowarrior56. It works fine on windows.
I've spent a lot of time looking throught forums, even in codeblocks but could'nt find help.
thanks for your help
Christoph Jung

Post by Christoph Jung »

Hmmm, I also use Code::Blocks and I have only add "iowkit" to the 'Linkersettings -> Link libraries' of the project and #include <iowkit.h>.
And this will work for my projects every time.
Abteilung: Softwareentwicklung
Folge uns auf Twitter
Follow us on twitter
michel

Post by michel »

Finaly, it works! I'had made a mistake while transfering my code. Thanks for your help.