Labview with Sensirion EK-H5 with sensor SHT3x

This is the English forum for all topics related to IO-Warrior. Please post in English only

Moderator: Guido Körber

loic

Labview with Sensirion EK-H5 with sensor SHT3x

Post by loic »

Hi!

Does anyone ever try to use a Sensirion EK-H5 with SHT3x sensor with Labview?

I got inspired by a code for a SHT7x (https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/sensir ... anguage=fr) and the Labview Component from codemercs. But it didn't work.
I think my problem come from the activation of IIC. When I connect an oscilloscope on SDA and SCL pins and that I "activate" IIC then nothing is happenning.

Can someone help me...?

Sorry if my english is not good.

Loïc
Christoph Jung

Re: Labview with Sensirion EK-H5 with sensor SHT3x

Post by Christoph Jung »

Which kind of IO-Warrior do you use? The Sensirion dongle (green case) or one of our basic IO-Warrior devices?
The Sensirion dongle is not included in the LabView component, because it will have its own Product ID.
Abteilung: Softwareentwicklung
Folge uns auf Twitter
Follow us on twitter
loic

Post by loic »

Thanks for your reply.
I use the Sensirion dongle. I suspect that the Sensirion dongle have their own ProductID but the method to activate the IIC is the same than your basic IO-Warrio, isn't it?
Christoph Jung

Post by Christoph Jung »

The funcionality of the Sensirion dongles is the same like the IO-Warrior24 dongle. But the specific product ID was not part of our default IO-Warrior API.
In the last update the Sensirion PID was includet (please check the IO-Warrior SDK). But I don't know if LabView supports that.
Our LabView support is limited and the component was created by a user. I can check tomorrow if it is possible to add the sensirion PID into the LabView component.
Folge uns auf Twitter
Follow us on twitter
loic

Post by loic »

I saw that the Sensirion PID is included in the last update. When I use the "get Property" Labview component from , the IO-Warrior24 is founded.
I don't think that the problem come from the sensirion PID to activate the I2C on the dongle. Maybe I misunderstood...

In fact I want to enable the I2C function to talk to the sensor. I tried different things but it is always disabled.
I also tried to use directly the Call DLL function of Labview to send data to enable I2C on the dongle but it doesn't work.

Maybe I should ask to NI-Labview support or Sensirion support. I asked here in the case where a user have already developed that with a SHT3x.
Christoph Jung

Post by Christoph Jung »

I have build a simple VI with the SHR3X and the Sensirion dongle. In the Vi there is no calculation only raw data. I hope this will work for you.
You can download it here: http://files.codemercs.com/iow24_i2c_sample.vi
Folge uns auf Twitter
Follow us on twitter
loic

Post by loic »

Thank you it works. I know where was my mistake. I am almost ashamed to say what was this mistake ... I send 0x44 as byte for the I2C adress. In fact it is 0x88 beacause the adress is on the 7th MSB of a byte and the last LSB is for reading or writing.
Thanks again
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

That is a classic. We should put that onto a standard checklist for support…

It is not really obvious for someone new with I2C and since various tools handle this in different ways it is sometimes not even obvious for the experienced I2C user.