3 simple switches

This is the English forum for all topics related to IO-Warrior. Please post in English only

Moderator: Guido Körber

VoteHillary

3 simple switches

Post by VoteHillary »

Hi,

(beginners question). How difficult is it to have tree simple low voltage switches attached to IO warrior, to connect this to software that just sees if a switch is on or off?

Can I just have the swithces connected to the plate and 'plug and play'? Is there some manual with a similair thing somewhere?

Thanks,

W.
Robert Marquardt

Post by Robert Marquardt »

The IO-Warrior Starter Kit already contains a switch to experiment.
It should be simple to wire additional buttons. I would try it and i hardly know on which end the soldering iron gets hot.
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

Robert is talking about the IOW40 starterkit.

But connecting a button to the IO-Warrior is about the simplest thing you can do. Though if that is the only application you intend to do with IO-Warrior then you should probably consider using a JoyWarrior chip.
VoteHillary

Post by VoteHillary »

Thanks, I indeed only need the joYwarrior then.

Could you advise me which type I would need? What i intend to do is have tree simple switches (on/off) that need to be read by my application. For me the most easiest solution would be nice in terms of soldering and programming, etc.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Wouter
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

JW24GP32
VoteHillary

Post by VoteHillary »

Thanks,

Sorry, another question. If i need just 3 switches, maybe even easier is the keywarrior, as this device will generate 'keysignals'. Thus I don't need to build an Xtra for acces in macromedia director, as director itself recognizes 'keyinput'. Nor use a joystick Xtra.

Or am I mistaking? What is not completely clear to me:

is the keywarrior is just a chip, that you need to use in a device yourself (a printplate or so) or does it come 'plug and play'?

Thanks for the info,

W.
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

The KeyWarrior is sold as a chip, there is no starter kit available.
VoteHillary

Post by VoteHillary »

ok thanks.

hum. how about the joy warrior, is this sold as a kit? (with instructions etc.) or also only as a chip?

W.
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

Chip, only for the JW24A8-x as a module too.
VoteHillary

Post by VoteHillary »

Ok, thanks, so for me, not being too handy the JW24A8-x module would be the best solution.

Still something not clear,...is the JW24A8-x a complete module with a chip, or do I need to get a separate joywarrior chip ? e.g. is the JW24A8-x plug and play (with switches on the one end, and usb on the other end?)

W.
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

Please take a look at the product description and the data sheet for the JW24MOD-A8-x