IO-Warrior and the new IntelBased-Macs

This is the English forum for all topics related to IO-Warrior. Please post in English only

Moderator: Guido Körber

Bernardo Hoehl

IO-Warrior and the new IntelBased-Macs

Post by Bernardo Hoehl »

Hi folks,

I am getting a new IntelBased-Mac. Do you guys have any comments about this? Is SDK 100% functional? How about IoWarriorAppleScriptGateway.app? Any bugs under Intel processors?

Thanks!

Bernardo Höhl
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Bernardo Hoehl
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

No idea yet.
Bernardo Hoehl

Post by Bernardo Hoehl »

Hi Guido!

Here is some info:

It seems that IoWarriorProber.app will need a full revision to work under Intel. It can't access IoWarrior...

IoWarriorAppleScriptGateway.app for PowerPc works fairly good under Roseta, but it seems to be running a bit slow under emulation. The LCD screen runs a black square throughout the screen before displaying the text.

I tryed using the source code, and a run a simple "recompile" for Intel, but it solves the "black square" problem on LCD screen, but resulted that my on-off pin function stopped working.

Ilja will have to review his code in order to port your apps for Intel-Macs.

It might be a good chance to finnaly implement the "ReadInterface1" command that appears in IoWarriorsAppleScriptGateway.app's dictionary.

Just to remind you: ReadInterface1 is shown in the dictionary, but was never implemented or functional.

Hope this helps.
Bernardo Hoehl
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

Thank you for the info.

The thing with the I/O pin is possibly due to the different byte sex of Intel. So trying to revert the byte ordering might help.

We are currently working on a V2.0 of the IO-Warrior API that we plan to deploy completely cross platform. The last revision of the API was identical on Linux and Windows but we now plan to make one API for all three platforms. This means the API on MacOS will change. So I think we will not make many changes to the existing code. Though I will check how much effort it will be to make it run properly with IntelMacs (still shuddering at the thought...).