Joy Warrior 20 a8-16

This is the English forum for all topics related to JoyWarrior. Please post in English only

Moderator: Guido Körber

kemeleon

Joy Warrior 20 a8-16

Post by kemeleon »

Hi,

Getting the circuit up, and for testing, was wondering if we had to put in the "pots" before it could detect it was a usb joystick, I got it to detect usb device, but it says it cannot identify what usb device it is. (But I did not put the pots on circuit yet) If it does not matter, i'll go thrue again all the diagram to see where I forgot something.

THank you for your help
Michel B.
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

The chip does not care if there are ports connected. You probably have some stuff wired wrong.
kemeleon

Post by kemeleon »

Thanks, I'll look into that :)

I'll move things around on my protoboard, some component might be a little loose.
kemeleon

Post by kemeleon »

Another question,

If I hook up just the Jw20a8-16, and the usb cable, X1, R1, R2, C1, C2

Should it detect usb device? I'm trying to figure out what part of the build up I aint doing right, and I thought that maybe if I go in modules, it would pinpoint the trouble. Like if I can get windows xp to recognize that not only is a usb device connected, but that it's the joywarrior, everything else will fall into place, I'm juste it's that part that get me stuck.

I'm a bit new to this world of electronics, sorry in advance for too easy questions *smile*

Michel Bryar
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

One of the typical methods to get an "unknown" device is to switch the D+ and D- line or to put the 7K5 pull up on the wrong data line.