Mod 24 A8-8 + A8-16

This is the English forum for all topics related to JoyWarrior. Please post in English only

Moderator: Guido Körber

stickMaker

Mod 24 A8-8 + A8-16

Post by stickMaker »

:D Hi,
Making a flight controller. Want 6 axis with 24 buttons. I am combineing the above mentioned Mods. I want to make the A8-8 mod the "r" axis with the two remaining axis assigned to brakes and I want to assign the button numbers 17-24 and use for a micro joystick. (tophat)
Is this possible? How do you make assignments so that the two mods do not step on each other?
TY

ps amatuer here :idea:
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

I hope you don't think of connecting both modules to the same USB port, that would not work.

There is no problem using multiple modules in parallel, they do show up as separate joysticks to which you can assign the functions of a flight sim. This works at least for the most popular simulators, of course there may be the odd sim around that can not deal with multiple devices.
stickMaker

Post by stickMaker »

:D No Sir I understand that they will be two separate usb devices. But, will not windows xp read the pots of them both as x,y,z? How do I tell one mod to be stick (x,y) and thrust (z) and one mod to be rudder (r)? Will the windows calibration in XP allow you to assign which pot does what? Will XP stack the button numbers of the two mods? ie 1>24
TY :shock:
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

Windows does not care what each button or axis does, the sim has to handle this. But multiple devices are supported by almost all modern sims.
stickMaker

Post by stickMaker »

:shock: hey,
I understand that the game allows you to assign jobs to each button, but whats button 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.... What keeps button 1 in the A8-8 mod from conflicting with button 1 in the A8-16 matrix mod. Does not your chip decide this basic assignment and then tell windows what each input is?
TY :?
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

Windows handles separate joystick devices as separate devices. The joystick itself does not have to know anything about this.
stickMaker

Post by stickMaker »

:D OK cool,
I want the A8-16 to be stick (x,y) and throttle (z) with 16 buttons.
I want the A8-8 to be rudder with 8 buttons, the buttons circuits which I will use for a * position tophat switch. You designate the pot circuits the same on both mods (x,y,z) Makes me think thats how computer identifys them.
TY