JW24mod A-8 Rudder Assignment

This is the English forum for all topics related to JoyWarrior. Please post in English only

Moderator: Guido Körber

stickMaker

JW24mod A-8 Rudder Assignment

Post by stickMaker »

:D Plugged this in to computer and it was recognized no problem. I had no attachments as of yet, thats next test. I have question! It was recognized as a x-y stick axis and a thottle axis, :shock: I want it to recognize as a rudder axis and two proportional brake axis, How do I do this? I'm using the JW24MOD A-16 for the stick and throttle axis. :roll:
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

You don't. The axes are assigned in the simulator program, no matter what they identify as.

Rudder and toe brakes would be from the USB HID simulation controls page, those are not supported by Windows.
stickMaker

Post by stickMaker »

:cry: Now Guido,
I know I've asked this question before, (see previous posts) but you just now say that windows does not support rudder assignments for your product! What the hay! What do I need to do, to use the JW24MOD A-8 for my rudder pedals, in Windows XP? I currently want to use only one axis and the buttons. I am using it in a combat flight sim, Fighter Ace, you do not make these assignments in the game. The game aquires axis assignments from computer when game loads. Your company has said it, your salesman said I could use your product for rudder pedals, I explained clearly what I was looking for. Please do not tell me you told me what I wanted to hear, in order to sell product. :evil:
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

As I wrote before you have to go to the setup of your flight sim and assign which axis and which button does what.
stickMaker

Post by stickMaker »

:arrow: Baloney, You just talk in circles. I made it very clear how I wanted to use your product. You said it was possible. Now you got another story. There are no axis assignments available in Fighter Ace, only button assignments can be made. The game aquires axis assignments from the computer. This is not a highend flight sim, only 4 axis are used, ( x,y,z, and r ) if your product can not do the job as I need it done, say so! :idea: My store bought stick is plugged in and recognized with the needed axis, ( x,y,z, and r ) before game is loaded in windows xp. I 've never seen a game allow you to assign axiss assignments.
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

I am not talking in circles and I don't have a new story. I told you from the beginning that the simulator has to handle this. Actually I don't know any simulator that is incapable of assigning axes to functions, at least no recent sims.