Hi Guido, they work!

This is the English forum for all topics related to JoyWarrior. Please post in English only

Moderator: Guido Körber

stickMaker

Hi Guido, they work!

Post by stickMaker »

:D Just a hello, I have not posted for awhile. FYI Currentlly using my home brew creations. I have a 16 button, 1 pot throttle unit that stands alone, powered by CodeMercs. I have and 8 button, 1 pot rudder unit that stands alone, powered by CodeMercs. Worked out my earlier problems by putting the diodes at the buttons, now only 4 wire in and 4 wire out. Lot less copper.
My spitfire control stick was a problem, due to my mechanical design. I was not using enough of the pots varible range for the joywarrior to work well. So I wired it up old style, gameport. Made the offending pot a 250k ohm unit and walla. The mechanical movement, and the pots variable range fell into place nicely. Flying with a Spitfire style controller is way different, I always wondered why the design difference, now I know.
Have you guys developed any 10 bit modules yet?, I know you have the chip loose.
Or are you going usb 2.0 yet?
How hard would it be to make the modules work better with 250k ohm pots, would help us from having to use gearing to get the range requirements of the joy warriors.
With the knowledge I 've gained and your product, I believe I can build any type of sim pit creation. :idea:

thanx again 8)
Guido

ps shame I can not post some pics lol :roll:
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

We have just finished a new IO-Warrior and are now busy with some new stuff in the KeyWarrior line. New JoyWarriors will possibly not happen before the end of the year.

All our products are USB 2.0 compatible. I assume what you are refering to is high speed transfer. That makes no sense at all for human input. The 125Hz of normal low speed USB is good enough for human input, full speed with 1kHz is overdoing it so far that you don't even need to question anyone stating he can sense a latency. High speed would only add to the cost with no benefit at all.