KW16 not recognized on USB!

This is the English forum for all topics related to KeyWarrior. Please post in English only

Moderator: Guido Körber

mhserrano

KW16 not recognized on USB!

Post by mhserrano »

Hi Guido,

I´m using KW16 on USB with an old Pentium3 with WinXP SP2 installed. I´m having problems to connect the chip because windows give me the message "unknown device". These doesn´t occur on my other 3 PC´s, where i can get the correct HID recognizing under windows XP. I have checked the HID drivers from windows and bios configuration and it seems all is setted properly.

Thanks in advance, Regards

MS
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Re: KW16 not recognized on USB!

Post by Guido Körber »

Windows has an unstable USB implementation. It may be necessary to clean out the registry. Start by trying to remove the "unknown" device in the device manager.
mhserrano

Post by mhserrano »

Thanks Guido, the problem is apparently solved. I´ve attached an hi-speed USB hub to the USB port of my old Pentium3. It seems windows have recognized KW16 because appears an HID Keyboard on the Keyboards tab of device manager. It´s tricky but it works!!

Regards

MS
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

That is because Windows makes Registry entries for USB devices depending on where they appear in the bus topology. There is a faultyx entry for the KeyWarrior on the port where you plugged it first.