JoyWarrior24A10L as a complete circuit

This is the English forum for all topics related to JoyWarrior. Please post in English only

Moderator: Guido Körber

DeeMoNay

Re: JoyWarrior24A10L as a complete circuit

Post by DeeMoNay »

Guido Körber wrote:Looking good. You should replace the disc capacitors near the A/D with the small compact form though, the disc capacitors do have a microphon effect, converting sound and vibration into voltage. That effect is much smaller with the compact capacitors.
I know this may be a trivial question, but can you guide me to the right type to use? I am still learning these things and really don't know what ones you're recommending.

Thank you :)
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

Use the same basic type as you use for the capacitors C4,5,6. It is not a big issue in any case, but the more compact ones are also more robust, the disc type chips rather easily. On the down side the compact (multilayer) capacitors have a higher inductance than the disc capacitors, but that is definitely not an issue at the frequencies in this circuit.
DeeMoNay

Post by DeeMoNay »

Guido Körber wrote:Use the same basic type as you use for the capacitors C4,5,6. It is not a big issue in any case, but the more compact ones are also more robust, the disc type chips rather easily. On the down side the compact (multilayer) capacitors have a higher inductance than the disc capacitors, but that is definitely not an issue at the frequencies in this circuit.
Thank you, Guido. Would this one here be a better choice:

These are 0.1 uf 100 volt, epoxy coated, radial leaded multi-layer ceramic capacitors.

thank you for your guidance!

d
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

yes