IO-Warrior28 Sampling Start

This is the English forum for all topics related to IO-Warrior. Please post in English only

Moderator: Guido Körber

Guido Körber
Site Admin

IO-Warrior28 Sampling Start

Post by Guido Körber »

In the next few days we will have the first samples of IO-Warrior28 available.

IOW28 will replace IOW24 but with much higher performance. The initial release version offers the LCD function, a legacy I2C function for applications in which IOW24 is replaced and a new high performance I2C function, offering up to 1000 kbit/sec data rate with throughputs surpassing IOW56.

19 I/O pins are served 1000 times per second.

Package types are QFN28, DIL28 module, and SO24 module to replace IOW24 in some applications.
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Re: IO-Warrior28 Sampling Start

Post by Guido Körber »

The preliminary data sheet is now available on the product page:
https://www.codemercs.com/en/io/full-speed
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

Update on IO-Warrior28

We have decided to make a separate version for the SO24 module. So there will be a IOW28 and IOW28L. The IOW28L will have only the legacy IIC and IOW28 will only have the native (new, faster) IIC.

This split of the versions gives us the option to keep the IOW28 free of legacies.
Guido Körber
Site Admin

Post by Guido Körber »

IO-Warrior28 is close to final, we are finishing documentation and final details now.

A feature we did not publish so far is that IOW28 has an internal 12 bit A/D converter with 12 bits resolution and a bandgap reference, that allows voltage measurement with an accuracy down to about ± 10 mV.